Friday, June 3, 2011

Change in Custody agreement?

I have joint custody with my ex-husband of our two children, age 16 and 10. The 16yo has chosen to live with him pretty much full time. The younger child wants to live with me. We have a joint custody agreement from the divorce. I would like to move about 30 minutes away and have the younger child live with me during the week and go to school in the new town. How motivated are the courts to make this change? I cover insurance on the younger one even though he has a family plan, but chose not to put the younger one on it. Even though it cost the same! He does not pay support and has not taken my name off the house, 2 years past the court's deadline. What are my options?



ThanksChange in Custody agreement?If you are both in agreement then the court will most likely not object. I am a bit surprised why no support , but that is your business. You do have some leverage because of the house.
  • file married even
  • horses
  •