Friday, June 3, 2011

How do i get emancipated, or my custody changed, if my step-dad abuses me and i cant afford emancipation?

Okay, my step-dad has beaten me several times, and im sick of it, and now he's just being unreasonable, i cant even access my own money in my bank account anymore because im not 16 yet and i need parental consent to withdraw. I either want to get emancipated, which is really hard and i cant afford it, or get custody changed to my real dad.How do i get emancipated, or my custody changed, if my step-dad abuses me and i cant afford emancipation?just go to the police! tell them everything that has happened if you have bruises or scares show them. get some type of proof or else they wont believe you! if you cant go to the cops tell a teacher or adult. they will help you!How do i get emancipated, or my custody changed, if my step-dad abuses me and i cant afford emancipation?the whole money thing is a requirement, when i looked it up, the state of minnesota says that i need to have a steady job and be able to support myself and pay rent/utilites, but thanks all

Report Abuse

How do i get emancipated, or my custody changed, if my step-dad abuses me and i cant afford emancipation?Wow. I'm sorry but shouldn't you be more concerned about the abuse rather than the financial aspects? Talk to your real dad, talk to social services in your county... Maybe another family member can take custody if it can be shown neither of your birth parents can provide a healthy home life... Is there an older family member or sibling who can be your guardian?



(For the serious and practical part of the situation... what about your mom?)



I'm just providing suggestions...and either way it would be really beneficial to talk to someone at your school or to someone about what's going on. Be safe and well. I wish you the best!How do i get emancipated, or my custody changed, if my step-dad abuses me and i cant afford emancipation?It sounds like this has affected you mentally also. The fact that you say %26quot;now she's just being unreasonable,%26quot; struck me as odd. he was unreasonable the SECOND any abuse started to show! You gotta report this to the police. It won't be that hard. Finances are not important...your future and well being is. This is really gonna screw you up if you stay there...tons of access to money...or no money at all. Tell your teachers you feel comfortable with and call the police stations to find out what they need. You also need to call your real father and let him know how your feeling....if he's a better person. If not, you could end up in another abusive persons hands and will have to face making abuse claims all over again...which will most likely not be as credible. Tell the police immediately. The money really doesn't matter.....your situation is really bad for you and your mom.