Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I petition the court to change parental custody?

I'm 15 years of age and my parents are divorced and currently have joint custody of me in Maricopa County, Arizona. However, I wish to petition the court so that my father will have sole custody and I've looked at the forms but I'm not sure what to fill out or where to start.How do I petition the court to change parental custody?It is good that you want to take control of your life, but you are considered a minor in the eyes of the law..

And you cannot file a petition on behalf of yourself, but your father can file the petition and allow the courts to decide what is in the best interest for you.



The judge may be willing to listen to what you have to say but your father must be the one to file the petition.



Best of LuckHow do I petition the court to change parental custody?visit an attorney, he/she will help you outHow do I petition the court to change parental custody?Hey, good for you for taking control of your life. to make sure you do it right, you should get a lawyer, but if that sounds pricey, head down to your county office, or the courts. Someone their should be willing to help.

Good luck!