Friday, June 3, 2011

Desperate Dad wants custody of 14 year old Daughter!!?

Here is my issue.

I live in Nashville TN and i have a Daughter who lives in florida with my ex spouse.

We have been divorced since 1999, She has sole custody of her. Over the past 3 years my EX has gone through some changes that were not wise. She is now living with a convicted Felon who is a Drug abuser. The House they live in got Raided by Cops and Drugs were found and my Ex's boyfrined is looking at doing some time. My Ex allowed my 14 year old Daughter to get a Tattoo on her Ankle. My Daughter is not assiting school due to mental issues caused by her mom. I called DCS on her and they did investigate but just closed the case and said that my Daughter lives in a unhealthy environment. My Ex and her Boyfriend have friends who do Drugs hang out at the House till wee hours of the Morning and they sleep in all day , leaving all kids in the house to fend for themselves. My Ex contacted me because now my Daughter is sneaking into the Liquor cabinet and Drinking. She is also cutting herself because she feels that she does not want to be there. My Ex has 2 other kids one by the live in boyfriend and another by a second Marriage. Her second Husband and Myself pay Child support through the State and this money is used to support my ex and her Boyfriend since either of them work and are on Welfare. My Ex calls me 3 days ago and tells me that she wants to send my daughter to live with me because i have a stable Hosuehold . I immediatley enrolled her in school and got everything rolling. So now since i got the paper work from the local court in florida where we got divorced so that we can file a petition to change custody to Joint she agreed until the part where it says that i did not have to pay child support anymore. My ex's mom who i had not talked to in 11 years got in touch with me and told me how great this was that i was bringing my Daughter to live with me. She says %26quot; My Daughter is unfit and she should not have any kids living there with her%26quot;. I have been married for 11 years now and have 3 other kids of my current marriage plus pay mortage and all other bills. I cannot afford a Attorney to take her to court. I know i can prove her unfit easily.. I was wondering if i could maybe find a pro bono lawyer. I even got my ex's Mother on my corner..Desperate Dad wants custody of 14 year old Daughter!!?if you can get one the gov't has to get you one but they are just usually like 1st years or whatever

talk t a lawyer, explain the situation, and try to get a payment plan done