Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How to gain full custody?

Iam trying to gain full custody of my 5 year old son.His father has not been involed or seen,called,ect for the past 4 years of my sons life.

The fisrt year that he was involed he was in and out of jail and stuck on drugs.That is the main reason i left him.He argeed to let my son live with me when i moved out of state.We aslo agreed that once he got his act together we would set up plans for my son to visit him(which never happened)He never called,I always called him and when we did talk he never asked how my son was doing.It is very clear he does not care about my son.I have taken on the role of a father and a mother.I taken care of him on my own for the past 4 years and feel its only right that i have full custody and change his last name to mine being that his father will never be back in his life why carry his name.Ive done all the work,But Im being told I may only gain SOLE custody and might not get the name change.Can someone please help me.How to gain full custody?Not sure which state you live in, but you will need to file for full physical and legal custody. I live in California and have tried a few times. My ex and your ex should hang out. Only my ex does make an effort to see the kids and he does call them, however, he has been in and out of Prision, he's an alcoholic and drug addict. He just got out of a 3 months stay in State prision, and I filed again. I hope this time, the courts will see that he is no good and has no business having the kids unsupervised.



I'm not sure what you can do about leagally changing their name to yours. You should contact the court and see if there is a facilitator avaliable for you to talk to for free. You can discuss your case with him/her and they will even fill out the forms for you. Good luck!
  • desktop issue
  • web server software
  •