Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Change in Custody - Are declining grades in high school enough to file for a change?

I agreed to awarding my ex sole custody last year only because I felt litigation was spinning out of control and keeping the kids in the thick of things. I've always had my concerns about his ability to parent and now, I'm seeing a steady decline in my children's grades in school.



My daughter, who has been a straight A student in the past, has finished her sophomore year third trimester with a 1.2 GPA. One F and 3 D's! :(



From what I've read, it would appear that I'd have to prove the CP unfit in order to change custody. My ex has also brainwashed my kids so the idea of getting them to specify preference for living with me is out of the question. My ex has the maturity level of a 17 year old and parents as such. What kid would want to change that?



Ex has no money and relies on the child support I send to support himself. The kids know this and would worry how he'll get by if child support ends (I would not ask for child support if I succeeded in changing custody.)



His home is unstable but I don't know how the court would view this situation with respect to changing custody from one parent to the other; particularly, if the child(ren) prefer(s) staying with the CP.



Any ideas?Change in Custody - Are declining grades in high school enough to file for a change?You have reason to step in-take that report card to a lawyer and get started. If he has no money, he will back off anyway.Change in Custody - Are declining grades in high school enough to file for a change?stop asking start taking action now, this is wrong you can prove it in a court of law. now is the time to stop thinking about what they think about you. now is the time for you too take action and call a lawyer since his only source of income is you paying child support.



you can demand the following a child therapist to enter the home, and go to to the school to check out there grades, and talk to all of the of there teachers for your own children. the state to appoint your own children a free paid attorney by the state to represent them free of charge from the state. demand that a drug test on the children and him; not too mention the living conditions in the house and the neighborhood...



also demand a blood test from all of them not matter the out come of it. you have to be the parent now to both your children and the ex.



you have to protect your children at all costs. also have a criminal background check run on everyone in his home.Change in Custody - Are declining grades in high school enough to file for a change?Declining grades do not prove that he is an unfit parent. It could be enough to get the courts involved-perhaps court ordered counseling etc..But you will need more than that to change custody especially since it sounds like your kids are old enough to influence the decision of the court.Change in Custody - Are declining grades in high school enough to file for a change?Not too many answers just encouragement - My trial is set for this Friday... Almost the same situation however the ex has money... It is sad to say that the courts are so supportive of a father that works - even though the emotional abuse /manipulation continues. I was stupid enough to given them up.... he manipulated me and now them... I am trying to break the cycle and the court just keeps telling me that %26quot;court%26quot; is taking a toll on them... This is soooo frustrating... I feel your pain... Keep going...Change in Custody - Are declining grades in high school enough to file for a change?A long drawn out spiel, except for two things missing about your daughter's grades. What does the daughter say about her grades, and what does the school counselor say? Did you even think of talking to them? I imagine you will say that you did, however clearly it was not important enough to you to mention that. You do have as much right to talk to them. More so since they usual think mothers have custody. They won't even question you being there.

http://access_2_school_records.dads-hous

\\\\\\\\\\