Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to go about getting a custody change?

My parents divorced when I was 12 and I live with my dad, I was unable to live with my mom because she was deemed an unfit parent for a variety of reasons. I just turned 17 and my mom has cleaned herself up, is remarried, and has a job and place to live. Is it possible to get a custody change to my mother without my dad's consent. If so, where should I start?How to go about getting a custody change?First off, you need to contact the attending lawyer who filed your parents divorce, do a bit of reserch most states in custody battles a 13 year old can decide which parent to live with but thats most states. At 18, teenagers are deemed financialy responsible for themsleves if not living at home. Google custody rights for teenagers in your state or you can contact your local government center family services and ask them they should help you out.How to go about getting a custody change?until you are 18, you have to have the custodial parent's consent to live with...anyone other than him.How to go about getting a custody change?You would have to go to court and get it changed by a judge. You will be 18 by the time that happens, so just stay with your Dad til then, you will be an adult and you can live where you wish!How to go about getting a custody change?You should be old enough to tell the courts where you want to live. Talk to your dad and tell him how you feel because if you just up and leave then your considered a run away! Make sure its what you want and tell your parents! Good LuckHow to go about getting a custody change?This seems a little to private to the public. You should ask a friend or something this is to private. Sorry but I don't think you should ask about something private to the whole intier world.

Good Luck- Some other person can help not me because it is to private.How to go about getting a custody change?mom lets you do what you want, huh?



It is not up to the child to chose their placement. Kids don't always make the best choices for their futures. If your mom is even discussing your moving n with her against your dad's approval she is not the best parent. You've only got a year, stick it out, finish school, make choices for yourself when you are 18