Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I file for a temporary change in custody myself?

My ex wife has custody of our two girls. They are being told that they have to move out of the home that they are in. They have no where to go because my ex wife and her boyfriend do not have jobs. How do I write up a show cause order or file for a change in custody to at least change custody temporarily to give them a chance to find a job and a place of their own? I live in North Carolina and in the town that I live I have to write up my own orders since I cannot afford to pay an attorney and legal aid does not get involved in these situations. The only evidence that I would have in court is the landlord's name and phone number and address other than the fast that she has been reported to Child Protective Services. Is that enough? Thanks so for any advice that you can give.How do I file for a temporary change in custody myself?You file at your local courthouse..the staff can assist in how to fill out the paper work and serve the other party..you should consider filing with solid documentation that they would be homeless..