Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How soon can a custody battle be over?

My 15 year old is moving here to wyoming from Georgia next week. I have been paying child support for her and have no custody over her. Her mother is letting her move in with me because she has been wanting too for a while now. If i go to do a custody change and a modify to child support, how long will it take. The case will be a Georgia case. I doubt her mom will fight cause she is letting her move in with me.How soon can a custody battle be over?About 2 weeks if uncontested...but it may require you to attend a hearing in GeorgiaHow soon can a custody battle be over?With courts being back logged you could wait up to 2 months... I work closely here with a different court process but for the most part all courts even traffic are back logged. So I would figure at least a month-two months to get in a non-contested trial. :)