Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do i find an easy way to change custody from an emotionally abusive dad to my mom without alot of money?

my parents are divorced

i currently live with my dad

i am 15 and my relationship with my dad is not at all good

my relationship with my mom is very good

i do talk to her through phone and letters monthly(secretly)

she lives in another state than me, one of my brothers, and my dad

she has went to court to have visitation but my dad has not allowed it

plz helpHow do i find an easy way to change custody from an emotionally abusive dad to my mom without alot of money?In many states, you can make your own decision once you turn 14.



Call the local legal aid society and see if you can get some free legal advice.



Or, look in the telephone book and call the best family attorney you can find. Many will help you for free.



It's a shame that your Dad does not permit the free and open exchange of information with your Mom. You need to discuss that with your attorney or a good psychiatrist/psychologist. Is there an adult, like a good teacher, who you trust to talk with?



Good luck. I'll say a prayer for you that things work out amicably. It's tough enough to be 15 without life being complicated by the issues you are trying to work out on your own.How do i find an easy way to change custody from an emotionally abusive dad to my mom without alot of money?Above all else, please keep yourself safe. I hope you have already taken steps to confide in a responsible adult. Whatever you do, keep your %26quot;radar%26quot; on. You are in a delicate emotional state and could be an easy target for a pedophile. When things get tough, try going for a walk.

Report Abuse

How do i find an easy way to change custody from an emotionally abusive dad to my mom without alot of money?have her do it agian and speak up on your own about your feelings, unless your mom is unfit most judges will listen to your feelingsHow do i find an easy way to change custody from an emotionally abusive dad to my mom without alot of money?Have one of your friends take you to the courthouse and file a motion to change custody and they will set a court date for you and the judge will listen to what you have to say. Or you can always just call social services and ask them what you can do.How do i find an easy way to change custody from an emotionally abusive dad to my mom without alot of money?Your courthouse should have a set of pro se documents. Your mom can fill them out and request a hearing to get custody. I don't think it costs much probably less than $50. You are 15 so a judge should take your wishes into account when making his decision.How do i find an easy way to change custody from an emotionally abusive dad to my mom without alot of money?Youre 15. You have a voice-use it. Talk to your guidance counselor at school about going to child youth services and getting an advocate to help you talk to a judge about what's going on and what you want to do. it's obvious to me that ur mom would love to have you and it probably wouldn't be a bad thing for your dad, he sounds like he's going thru some issues of his own. Everyone deserves to be happy and I think if you speak up, everyone (including you) would be.How do i find an easy way to change custody from an emotionally abusive dad to my mom without alot of money?.Call child protective services and tell them that your Mom has visitation, but your father won't allow it. Tell them that you would like to see your Mom. If you are interested in living with your Mom, now is the time to speak up, while you have the interest of child protective services. They will listen to you now that your 15, but keep cool, don't act arrogant with the case worker. Explain to them that your Dad is emotionally abusive.How do i find an easy way to change custody from an emotionally abusive dad to my mom without alot of money?This is a very tough question without knowing more of the details. If your dad has custody and your mom doesn't have even basic visitation I have to guess there's a reason.



We'd need to know the form of emotional abuse, the reason your mom didn't even have basic visitation rights, and what your living situation would be with your mom.



Your dad could be just trying to protect you, we don't know. Your mom could be a drug addict, or so mentally messed up that you'd receive no guidence at this critical time in life.



There's a saying that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. You might be in a bit of a tough spot, but I'd say to just do your best to get through the next few years.



Now is the time in your life when hard work really pays. I'd suggest you buckle down and try to get along with your dad. If your dad is actually abusive, and not just cramping your style, then your mom should get involved legally. If she doesn't, I have to think maybe you're just going to have to do your best to get through the next few years and set up your own future.