Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do you change custody?

please help me my mom is very controling im seriously about to go crazy. i want to move in with my dad but she say hes unfit to have custody of me but doesnt the kid have a choice?How do you change custody?Family law differs within states and you didn't mention what state you live in. However, I would suggest you speak to your dad and ask him to go to court a file a residential legal custody of you which will entitle you to live with him and your mother to have visitation rights with you. In most cases a child 12 or older can decide what parent he/she wants to live with.



Good Luck!How do you change custody?It depends on your age and what state you live in. In Texas the child has a right to decide at 12 yrs old which parent he/she wants to live with. Most times the parent you decide on will still have to take it to court unless the other parents agrees without going to court.



good luck