Friday, September 23, 2011

16 and dont want 50/50 custody anymore.?

I'm 16 and in the 11th grade, I will be 17 in 6 months and my parents have been divorced for about 4 years. My dad and I have never gotten along since the divorce but my mom and I have only grown closer. My dad is mean, suffocating, very uptight and secretive about everything he does, I don't even know where he works anymore. I'm quite responsible, I get decent grades, I have a job and I'm saving every single paycheck to buy MYSELF a car, with no help from my dad. I also signed MYSELF up for a college course that I can take during high school which I will be starting next year. He supports none of these things though they are all for me betting myself which my mom understands and never complains about taking me to work or to the DMV.

So with that said, how would I go about changing there custody agreement on me? If you have legitimate knowledge about these things, do you think if I went to court I would win? Who would I call to get the ball rolling in these types of situations? Any other information or personal knowledge?



Please help me if you have any helpful information, thank you!16 and dont want 50/50 custody anymore.?I think you should consult a professional.16 and dont want 50/50 custody anymore.?You are the child you rule the courtroom they like awarding the mom more than the dad as well best of luck to you!16 and dont want 50/50 custody anymore.?Your mom would have to file for a motion to modify and then you could tell the judge you want to live with your mom. In most states you are old enough to choose who you live with.16 and dont want 50/50 custody anymore.?I believe a motion will have to be filed with the court concerning custody.You are old enough where the court will take into consideration your wishes.

I have full custody of my daughter.her mother does get weekend visitation but she doesn't have to go if she doesn't want to.

So just don't go when you don't feel like it.16 and dont want 50/50 custody anymore.?Dont worry about changing the order. At your age jsut do what you want to do. He doesnt come get you anyway right? If he does just be busy or have a tummy ache.

You should go to court though and ask the judge to force him to pay for your college classes and the expenses you have. Its sad he has to be forced but he should pay them. Take the deadbeat back to court or ask your mum too.16 and dont want 50/50 custody anymore.?Get a hold of someone in the courts--- call, send a letter, etc.... Maybe even a school counselor to help you.16 and dont want 50/50 custody anymore.?talk to an attorney..since your over 12 years old, you have a choice who you want to live with....going through somethin similar...