Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Custody changes?

How hard is it to get custody changed? My husband has had sole custody of his son for 2 years. The mother came back into the picture and we have tried to do the right thing by letting him see his mom every other weekend, something we are not obligated to do. Anyway she and I have been on friendly terms, but now i think she may be thinking about wanting to get custody. Im wondering if a judge would pull this child out of the home hes been in for 2 years, wen he is starting school next year? He has had so much trouble adjusting to all the change at such a young age(he was 2 when this all started) pulling him from his home and moving him around just seems cruel. Yes he does love his mother, but it just doesnt seem like that would be a good idea.Custody changes?I am a pretty reasonable person when it comes to my kids. I was granted full custody of my two kids. My ex only got to see them maybe twice a month. He asked me if he could see them more. I thought about it and I changed the custody agreement to where he could see them two weeks out of the month. Mind you, he lives in the same town as I do. I also reduced the childsupport he was paying me. I never use my kids as pawns against my ex because of what he had done to me during our marriage. But my kids are happier to see their dad more often.Custody changes?Back to court they go!Custody changes?All one has to do to get an order of custody changed is to go to court. The judge is the one to determine which is best for the child. If the mother can prove herself fit and she has no major problems, has a home for the child there is no reason she shouldn't have custody of her child...or at the very least have 50/50 custody.Custody changes?First and foremost, there IS NO WE in this situation. You are and always will be a legal stranger to this child. You have no legal rights nor should you involve yourself in the legal issues.



If you think I'm fooling you, then take a day off and sit in family court and observe what happens to step-parents who take it upon themselves to become involved in the legal issues.



That being said, unless the mother can show a significant change in circumstances sufficient to alter the existing court order (and not just HER circumstances, but his as well) then the court is not likely to cause an upheaval of the child's life.



However, she most likely will be granted formal visitation depending on the circumstances.Custody changes?It's highly unlikely that a judge would yank the child out of a stable environment. He/she probably will want to establish a set visitation schedule. If I were you, I'd keep track of all the visitations you are allowing now, especiall if she doesn't show up or does anything weird.Custody changes?I get the feeling you are saying all of this because you are the stepmother...true?? I understand you love this child as though it was your own...but you need to put yourself in her shoes.. if your child was somewhere else and all of a sudden things got better for you, wouldn't you try to get your child back. I am pretty sure, until she is proven unfit, the judge will give custody back to his mother. You will rarely find a judge that will rule against a mother..I'm sure it got alot to do with the fact a child %26quot;needs%26quot; his mother. Now I'm not saying you haven't been a wonderful mother, I'm sure you have but just the same, it is her child and you would feel the way she does if it happened to you. Just keep an open mind if the time comes she does want custody. I'm sure you and she can work something out that is well suited for the child. It is nice to see a child loved to so..He's one lucky guy....Custody changes?I can't tell you what goes on in judges heads but to reverse a decision or another one to overall it, just doesn't happen. That is to say that reading your side it would be highly unlikely.
  • hair loss treatment
  • producers of viruses
  •