Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm always thinking about it, it's affecting my life?

I'm young, 13, and I always freak out about dying. How many ways there are to die that we don't even notice that are a part of our everyday lives. There's always some way for it to happen. My parents are divorced and my mom got re-married. I always freak out when I leave my dad's house that something will happen to him and that I'll never see him again since no one lives with him. But I can't change custody issues. And sometimes it stops me from doing things. I always think about it. It really scares me. I believe that when you die, you're dead, nothing happens to you, you're just no longer conscious. And although I wouldn't know I'm dead, it makes me sad to think about me not experiencing life and how my family would take it. What can I do? Does anyone else feel this way? It's made me cry a couple of times when in my dreams I'm in a life-threatening situation. Once my dream was so realistic, I woke up and later in the day started crying again. It's scary. Help please? Thanks.I'm always thinking about it, it's affecting my life?Yes. We as human beings need something to believe in. You are a smart person. The fact that you think about these things reflects your existential intelligence. We all fear death, that is why we need a reason to live. Think about all the things that you can do to give your father a reason to live. It's not much I know, but it may put you at ease. At the same time, think of all the things that can drive you to live. Intelligent human beings, in my opinion are the ones who question death, and life. I see that most people have beliefs... Why? Why do we believe in something? Why are all our beliefs slightly if not overtly different from one another? It's because we are all out to ease our own hearts. Not that we are selfish, but that is what we desire. When you have a belief your heart is at ease, and you will feel accomplishment in the end. So that whenever you face death, you will be ready. Regardless of how much it catches you off-guard... If it does....

I hope I didn't scare you more..... *hugs you* I'm sorry if I did.... T_TI'm always thinking about it, it's affecting my life?go to a grief counselor or a counselor in your school. your parent's divorce could possibly have everything to do with it. thing is, you need a foundation in your life. to believe in something, %26amp; since your only foundation/ground you've known (your parents/family) has been shaken, so has your life-in other ways.

there are a lot more people than you know that actually are afraid of death (i am not, b/c of my religion). try to find faith. something/someone you can believe in (of positive stature) %26amp; live your life. find out what brings you joy %26amp; focus on it (hopefully, a healthy hobby, etc.). look to the positives of life %26amp; if you find negatives, find ways to turn them into good.



let me know how it goes okay? take care. %26amp; goOd luck. hit me up if anything.I'm always thinking about it, it's affecting my life?It has happened to me my entire life and I am now 42. But also I lost my real parents at 4. So i feel that had something to do wiuth it. I think that you have had your world taken apart by divorce. tell your parents you need to go to couseling as you get panic attacks. Also there ius a life after death if yopu learn and except God in your life!!! Then you will live eternity evr after in a oplace called heaven and no more fears. But getting there scares me!!I'm always thinking about it, it's affecting my life?I completely understand your fears. Everyone is fearful of death (at least at some point in their lives), but some people choose to not talk/think about it and others believe you got heaven and so have that as consolation. At least you are being honest and open about what you believe and what you are fearful of. While it is normal to be scared of death, if you feel it is taking over your life or stopping you from fully being a part of life, then that is the time to seek professional help from a counsellor. I have felt the exact same way you do - I too believe that there isn't anything when you die - although I would love to believe there is a heaven and something after death, I don't. Something that helps me feel a bit better is thinking that once I didn't exist (before I was conceived) and death is just like that. Also, I am spiritual and wouldn't discount reincarnation.