Monday, September 19, 2011

Anyone ever been in a custody battle?

I am currently in a custody battle with me ex. At this time what the other party is stating in 100% not true. The judge seems to believe the plat. over me because of her education. My ex recently found out I was dating someone new after 2 years of being divorced. My son does not know the person I date since I don't don't feel we are ready for that step yet. Since then my ex has hired a private investigator to follow me and my new partner and now has filed for change of custody (we both have joint full custody and share the time down the middle). My new partner feels harassed by all of this since the my ex has files, photos and video tapes of us doing every day tasks. Shopping, eating, talking to friends, etc. My ex also put a GPS on my car without my knowledge. Not to mention the numerous times she drives by my partner's house. I am scared I am going to lose my son because my ex does not want me to date anyone. I am a good parent and love my child. I enjoy and look forward to every min I get to spend with him. Please let me know if you have any advise how to help the judge see that my ex is upset for her own reasons and that I am no less the parent I have been for the last 6 years of his life. Anyone ever been in a custody battle?A judge is not going to take custody away because of the things you stated. THe GPS I think is illegal without your knowledge. THe judge will take your rights away if you have hurt the child in any way. GOOD LUCK Anyone ever been in a custody battle?First of all, if you have joint legal custody then its going to be hard for your ex to take that away from you if you've been a good parent in the past. You can see whoever you want, it's just your ex being jealous so dont let that bother you. I would still contact a family law attorney tho and do the free consult and see what they think, but I personally think the judge wont change the existing order....Anyone ever been in a custody battle?Talk to your attorney about the matter. It takes a lot more than dating after a divorce to lose joint custody and be sure to have your attorney present at future hearings.Anyone ever been in a custody battle?You can request a psychological evaluation and I suggest that you do. Also you should get restraining order/ order of protection for you and your partner. Get a lawyer. They can not take away your rights...the best interest of the child is to have both parents in its life. As long as the parent wants involvement there is little that can be done to remove that.



Listen my x had not seen my daughters in 1 1/2 years and we went to court bc I filed to modify his visitation schedule since he does not exercise that right and the judge gave him a month to regain his visitation schedule and get himself together..



Good luck there is always hopeAnyone ever been in a custody battle?I'm a little confused here. Your picture shows you as a woman. You refer to the person you are dating as HE and you refer to your ex that you have joint full custody of your son with as SHE.



The fact is you have been divorced for two years and according to you, your son has not even met your new partner. You have the right to date anyone you want. You are free and your divorce gives you the right to date and see other people. As long as this partner is not sleeping in your house when your son is home, there is no way your ex can say your are an unfit parent. Yes she can prove you are dating, but you have a right to do that, but she can't prove you are not a good parent. Shopping and eating with your new partner and the two of you talking to your friends, does not make you an unfit parent. I would file for a restraining order against your ex for harassment and illegally putting a GPS on your car.



I would seriously contact a lawyer and find out what your rights are and how you can put a stop to what your ex is doing to you and your partner.