Monday, September 19, 2011

Changing child custody in Michigan?

Things have gotten to be less than amiable with my mother and she is starting to restrict the time that I can stay at my dad's house. I'm 16 now, turning 17 in February and I wanted to look into getting custody changed so that my dad has primary care for me. I've been staying at his house for a majority of the last two years, only going to my mom's about twice a week, and obviously I prefer it here.



I was wondering about the pros and cons of even attempting to get custody changed. I understand that it can take a while in court and I only have about a year and a half left. Would it even be worth it? And if it is, how do I start this process?



I would really like to keep a good relationship with my mom, but at this point I feel like I don't have any other options.Changing child custody in Michigan?Go to Dads House in Yahoo Groups. There's a free manual there that will teach you all you need to know, and association with others involved in similar cases.

http://Dads-House.org/

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\