Monday, September 19, 2011

Relations with my ex and his wife regarding children is out of control, need helpful ideas.?

After a horrible divorce (I guess not many are great)...my ex and I had finally simmered down I thought and were communicating somewhat successfully regarding kids. I thought 'wow' progress! Until, I had emailed my ex regarding his wife calling our daughter %26quot;my name, jr.%26quot; (it really hurt our daughter's feelings) I asked him to handle this situation and left it at that. He said he did and it was over. ...UNTIL....he took our son camping and she accessed my ex's email and sent me hateful emails regarding that conversation and it has escalated ever since (that was last June). Since then, she doesn't want him talking to me at all...which is crazy as we have kids...and don't like to talk to each other as it is. She has sent many hateful emails, called to cuss me out about various things she does not agree with. My ex is content letting her 'handle' it and thinks he can just bow out. I would have no problem with that if she were civil...however, she just causes more problems (she even told our 9 yr. old daughter she was going to take boxing lessons). I filed a police report regarding her emails last week(calling me a psycho *****, money hungry *****, and told me to bring it on psycho, not to push her, etc....I am seeing an attorney later today. I do not believe we can change custody arrangements...but, I am looking for ways to get her to stop...and get my ex and I back to communicating (as nicely as possible). Any ideas on how to get this situation under control...or personal experiences? I want to do what is best for the kids, and this is not it. Any communication seems to be met with a hateful response or no response at all.Relations with my ex and his wife regarding children is out of control, need helpful ideas.?Unfortunately this is a common problem and could last beyond your childs 18th. I think you are handling this maturely. Save the emails and see an attorney. That's about all you can do. Refrain from lashing out at her physically, verbally, or via emal. Custody agreement could be changed based on the severity and the continued comments that she is making to your children. I'll leave that advice to your attorney.Relations with my ex and his wife regarding children is out of control, need helpful ideas.?I think you are making the right move. Obviously your ex's wife is volatile, angry, insecure and malicious, in other words she doesn't behave herself decently, being derogatory toward your children. She also sound a bit dangerous, that is contemplating physical attacks against you (or saying that for effect, that is a bluff).

I was going to advise you to get Prepaid Legal, (until I read you are going to see a lawyer) since that can alleviate some of the cost of seeing a lawyer. You need to see a lawyer. Also obviously, your ex doesn't want to deal with the problems, do his part to keep the peace, and it is not livable for you, including your concern for your children. You also need to consider, which you probably have, that if it comes to it, if you are agreeable and willing to have your children living with you.

If pepper spray is legal for you to carry in your state, consider getting some. You can use it legally only to stop an actual physical attack, but it is good for that.
  • AJAX in .net
  • pc or mac
  •