Friday, September 23, 2011

How long is a parent to be out of there childs life to give up there rights to that child?

my daughters mom has had no contact in over 9 years no in anyway .. no b-day cards phone calls or anything... and want to change my custody papers to deny acess to my daughterHow long is a parent to be out of there childs life to give up there rights to that child?What you need to do is go back to the courts and get the custody order revised. If you are raising your daughter and the mother has not had any contact with her in 9 years then you can charge her with abandonment and get sole legal custody of her.How long is a parent to be out of there childs life to give up there rights to that child?the mom still has rights even though she has had no contact with the child.you can petition the court to have her parental rights terminated due to neglect and what you think is the best intrest of the child good luck.How long is a parent to be out of there childs life to give up there rights to that child?Your daughter needs to be on legal age before you can really decide that she doesn't have rights anymore but it depends on what state you are sir, there some state that a parent will loose their rights towards their kid if the kids is pass 7 years old. Your daughter can ask a lawyer that she wants a divorce from her biological mother for abundening her since she was a baby and you sir can also file for papers that she is not allowed to have anything to do with your daughter.

Gosh I'm a mother of 3 and I don't think I can just walk away from my own flesh and blood,................I'm sorry for your situation!!How long is a parent to be out of there childs life to give up there rights to that child?I am a mother and I have a similar experience. My daughter is now 13 and wants to know her father. Even though I have not stopped him from seeing her, he has not taken any steps to be available. The question that I have is what have YOU done to communicate. Have you made yourself available? There are legal avenues for fathers. I know that you may feel helpless sometimes and life just dealt a bad card for you and the childs mother. Does she have good reason to deny you visitation? If not, your rights cant be vacated on her word alone. Have you taken the proper avenues to secure a communication with your child? I would be more than happy to hear more about your situation and help if possible.How long is a parent to be out of there childs life to give up there rights to that child?I wouldn't recommend doing anything that would prevent a mother and child from seeing each other, that could come back to haunt you in the future.

If the child's mother tries to make contact and she is forbidden then your daughter may resent you for it.How long is a parent to be out of there childs life to give up there rights to that child?Children r a gift u dont get rights to them we all belong to god.