Friday, September 23, 2011

I have been divorced for over 3 years and have joint custody of a 7,12, and 14 year old.?

Three weeks ago my ex filed for a change of custody that was rejected by the judge on the spot. This has happened in the past and was also rejected as the judge views this a personal attack against me and nothing to do with the children. The kids love their mom and I understand that. They love me as well and I would not tell them how nasty their mom is to me. Is there a point that the kids(the older ones) should know about what their mom does to me? Or will they find out on their own when they get older? Is there a way to tell them without casting their mom in a bad light?I have been divorced for over 3 years and have joint custody of a 7,12, and 14 year old.?Chances r she's already showing them by bad mouthing u!!! Hang in there, u'r kids will love u and know moms true colors when they're older!!!! Good Luck!!!I have been divorced for over 3 years and have joint custody of a 7,12, and 14 year old.?They will find out on their own, the 12 and 14 yr olds probably know more than you think they do. I am in a similar situation with my husband and his ex wife, the only reason she tries to take time from you, and I know this!!!! is because if you do not have Joint then she will get at LEAST twice as much money. always keep them as often as you can like you are doing. I also have a freind who is a child counselor and he states children know alot more than they lead on too. He also stated that when things are done against you to just state the facts, dont say %26quot;i hate your mother so much, she is so stupid, look at what she is trying to do%26quot;, and so on . Instead, if say she doesnt let them stay extra time with you for something you really want to do with them and she has no reason (which they never do, its just to spite you) say, %26quot;Well Im sorry but your mom says you cant go to the party with me, I dont know why%26quot; you see, just state the facts, do NOT involve your OPINION in the subject. that is all it takes. it should help to know that this did come from someone with a masters degree, my friend. good luck and stay positve, show them love.