Monday, September 19, 2011

What is the best way to go about having joint custody changed to sole custody?

It has been 3 years since my ex and I split. In increasing leaps and bounds he has violated the court order from not providing his financial papers to drinking while my son is in his care. I have kept a very detailed account of everything and have been taking the legal high road following the order to a tee. but recently I have become increasingly concerned that he does not have my sons best interest at heart and is mearly just out to hurt me. I feel so lost and alone. I have a lawyer and we have been just waiting for a proper case to be built, but I don't know how much longer I can wait. Anyone been through this before know how to get things started?What is the best way to go about having joint custody changed to sole custody?You do realize that alcohol consumption is legal.. And that no judge is going to overturn custody because one parent has a drink or two when the kids are around...



I'm actually concerned that you want sole custody out of spite - merely to hurt your ex. You have not given a valid reason to sever his custodial rights other than you just don't like the choices he's making.



That's not enough.What is the best way to go about having joint custody changed to sole custody?I would trust your lawyer knowledge how to proceed with the case.What is the best way to go about having joint custody changed to sole custody?Witness's who are willing to testify on your behalf and a good lawyer to petition the court.