Friday, September 23, 2011

How can i stay with my mom if my dad has most of the custody? (please help)?

ok well my parents have like joint custody of me (i'm a 13 year old girl) and two years ago we went to court in baton rouge louisiana which was where they got divorced so that's why it was there. well the judge said that my father has most of the custody of me, like i have to spend the school year with him and i can only visit my mom on some of the holidays.

well i really don't like my father or visiting him because:

1. he's really mean and doesn't even care about me. he just wants me to visit him because he has to %26quot;teach me how to behave properly%26quot;. anyways he's a really big liar and also really mean to me. he doesn't even care about anything about me. he forgot what school i go to.

2. his house is really disgusting. there are like bugs everywhere and it's really unorganized. everything is dirty and it's so gross.

3. i can't do anything there. he is like really poor and i can't go on vacation. i know that might seem a bit shallow of me to say that, but i can't do anything there. like i can't swim (i swim for a team) or play piano (cause his piano is like really gross and has food on it and it's not tuned).

well those are some reasons i don't like him but let me further explain my situation. well some reason last year he allowed me to stay in charlotte, nc with my mother and i love it here so much. my life is really great now and i never even want to go back to visit him. but last year he made me visit him for thanksgiving, christmas, and summer. i was really angry and i hate him but he always like threatens me saying like %26quot;if you don't come i'm going to go pick you up and you have to go to school with me.%26quot; and i know he knows that i hate it there but he just wants to make me miserable. is there any way to change the custody? my mom already called her lawyer and he said that no other court will take the case if it has already been like... taken in baton rouge, but i can't stand always living in fear of leaving because i just want to stay here with my mom and i love her and i love my life hereHow can i stay with my mom if my dad has most of the custody? (please help)?He has no money and his house is filthy?



How did he become the primary guardian?



Call Social Services re: the condition of the house.



At 13 you should have a choice who you live with. Find out the laws in your state. Some places it's 12 years old.