Monday, September 19, 2011

About Child Support and who I reside with...?

Okay so here's the story. I lived with My mom and my Step-dad since I was three years old all the way until July 12th, 2008. I had decided myself that I was going to move down South with My Father(never married to my mother) for my Junior year at High School because of how my grades were looking. I figured separation from my friends and close family would help me to concentrate better.



Anyways, my father owes a lot of back child support to my mother, and pays that regularly along with the current child support. But then I moved here, with my father, and things got complicated. He's still paying my mother back child support and current child support, and doesn't seem to think that he has to. He tells me that he could call up the state my mother lives in and tell them that she's still making him pay child support, and she could get arrested because he thinks that since I reside here that I am under his custody.



I however know that my mom has solo custody, not joint, and I'm not too sure if that changes while I'm living here. I mean I'm enrolled in school here, I have a doctor here, etc etc, but I don't know if that somehow changes custody over from my mother to my father, because on the opposite perspective, my mom thinks that he's still legally obligated to pay both back and current child support. I am returning home to my mother after this school year, like, 3 days after, so I am returning. I knew I was going to be returning. But could someone clue me in on what the hell is going on?



I'm not a stupid kid. Seventeen years old and I know what's going on usually, but I wish I had a better idea of whats going on more now since I'm being thrown in the middle of a cage with two rabid animals fighting over a piece of meat. FYI, my mother lives in New Hampshire and my Father lives in Florida. I don't know if the laws change with the states, but if someone could help me out I would really really appreciate it.About Child Support and who I reside with...?your dad is right.he has custody of you.he has a right to claim you and the only support your mother is due is back child support for the time you are with him.this is the law in all 50 states.