Monday, September 19, 2011

How long do custody changes take?

I'm 16 and my parents have joint custody of me. I really hate livinig with my mom and my dad has just started trying to get full custody of me. He sees the way my mom verbally abuses me ALL the time and emotionally hurts me. She also hits me at times but in florida its aloud, called %26quot;corporal punishment%26quot;. My sister recently moved out when she turned 18 and went to live with my dad. I hate it here because I have no one else and me %26amp; my mother never get along. I want to know how long it would take for my dad to get full custody of me or how long this process takes. Please help!?How long do custody changes take?Your dad could take her to court and his attorney can order an emergency hearing for his full custody due to the abuse. It sounds like an open and shut case to me. Good luck. I hope things work out for you. Tell your dad to get on it NOW. We did it for my stepson and it only took a few weeks.